Sunday 25 December 2022

Looking at the man in the mirror

Aside from the lyric in the song and seeing in used as part of a American hallucengtic healing tv show I     had never come across the simply power of spending time looking dead in the eye at the person staring back from the mirror.

For me, I had the experience whilst getting my Christmas haircut (I am writing this on Christmas day 2022), admitidly I have had an eventfull year and whilst there a million chiche's about keeping going this year has been an experience.

The year started with losing another friend this time it wasn't a quick one, but to be able to support her and her family though the process was a priveldge, she was a funny and generous, and in particular a great friend to CK.

To lose a peer and friend  is hard , but to see at her wake photos of her growing up to photos of her as a little girl brought home how is must of been for her father to lose both his wife and his daughter to the big-c.

The year ended with the  bign-c coming even closer to home, this time my dad, so here I sit about to have my first christmas with just one parent, however with it not being a suprise I got to spend a morning with him alone shortly before the end, just talking and watching the rememberance day cermony on the TV in his room.

I am sure there is more I can say, and maybe I will in time, but for now, I just want to say.

Love you dad.

 

  

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment