Sunday 25 December 2022

Nifty fifty

 So I'm fifty....

I've lost friends, had a nice party where I danced with old friends,  and I'm losing my hair.

Now I have just passed another milestone, I now have one less parent.

So what can I say about my dad.

Moaney old git, well yes...

But, he was also someone who would stand up for you and what he believed in.

He was someone who worked all the jobs he needed to work in order to provide for his family.

He was a mine of .... information

and he and he had a twinkle in his eye.


He was the kind of man who could enjoy having his family around him, and in his later days would have reflective moments where he was not afraid to say he loved you and give you a hug.

My kids observation idea of his perfect afterlife includes good wifi and a fully charged ipad.






No comments:

Post a Comment